Sunday, March 30, 2008

Forty Plus


Hey there - it's Sunday again and still no baby, but guess what? We might have decided on a name! We like Oliver. It means affectionate. I can handle that I suppose. I mean, no guarantees, but Jason suggested it today and I said, "yeah - that's a cute name" and maybe we'll stick with it. It means skipping an "I" name, but if we ever decide to have more we can go back : ) Anywho, here's the data on what's up with my body.


We thought we were going to go into the hospital Friday PM/Saturday AM when I started having steady contractions at 2 in the AM but, they quit about 1 1/2 hours in and didn't really return until 6PM Sat night. I called my mom and let her know that we might be going in and stayed up till 11PM having contractions about every 7 minutes, but when I laid down to rest they slowed to about two or three an hour. So - she spent the night for nothing. Sorry, mom! The fun stuff is that the mucous plug came out just recently and the last time that happened I was in labor and delivering by the next night, so maybe little Oliver will be born on his big brother's birthday! I told Ezra that and he cheered, "YAY!" and then said "Sissy too!" so he clearly doesn't get it, so cute!


Everyone's been asking if I'm nesting -- of course!! Yesterday I reorganized my closet and set up the bassinet and did all the laundry and made my bed! I feel really good about the closet, actually -- and I put my art table back on the wall in our bedroom, even though the carpet and baseboard and hole in the wall are still unfixed. I thought maybe I'll spend some time scrapping if he doesn't come soon. Ezra keeps peeking into the bassinet and asking if the baby's sleeping -- again, he really doesn't get it. If he's asked where baby brother is, he'll find my belly button and say "There he is!" Aurelia poked me this morning and said, "Hey you! I thought you said the baby was going to come in the middle of the night!" I said, "ME TOO!" Ohwell, I know that God's timing is PERFECT and I am content to rest on that. Besides, this way we get to get a few more things done and we might even have a name.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

It looks like Darius is trying to be accommodating so you can attend MOPS on Tuesday :)