Monday, March 24, 2008

LOVE

Were you blessed yesterday? I sure hope so! Easter is such a wonderful time to really reflect on the gift that Christ gave us when He suffered in our place so that we could spend eternity with Him and the Father. I love being able to give that gift to my kids too, now that they are older and more able to understand the sorrow and the joy in this season. On Friday, Aurelia and I talked a lot about the disciples and how they fell asleep and ran away and about Jesus being beaten and betrayed. On Sunday we talked about the tomb and how it was empty because Jesus is alive and with His Father and that we will someday be with Him too because Jesus lives in our hearts. We did a fun food craft with cresent rolls (see the sidebar) and even Ezra could enjoy that. We didn't stay for the service at church, but I think that with all the story reading and talking and crafts that it was more meaningful that it would have been otherwise.


















I'm posting some pictures that we had taken at JC Penneys for the kids' birthday and to celebrate this pregnancy. We really enjoyed taking them, even though Ezra threw up on the way to the studio when he gagged on a french fry. He smelled really bad, but his outfit survived (thankfully!!) and the pictures turned out pretty cute!

Jason worked like a dog this week and didn't get to EAT, even, on Friday and Saturday so he really enjoyed the barbecue at Grama Sama's house Saturday night where we had an egg "hunt" with the Ag fam. And he feasted on the ham and potatoes his parents brought over Sunday afternoon for Easter (well, he had some salad and bread too). Poor guy; but I really appreciate all the hard work he does and all the help he is with the kids when he's home -- especially now when I am bigger and slower and often uncomfortable.

The Dr. checked me on Thursday and said that the baby is REAL low but I'm not dilated much so I know that when the door finally opens, this kid's going to to shoot out of the gate -- watch out! In the meantime I look like a penquin waddling around with a what? A watermelon, I guess, stuck to my stomach. It's lots of fun! Anywho - I'm going to send a mass email when we are headed to the hospital and then you'll just have to wait for the call to know that the baby is here -- and NO, we still have not decided on a name. You'll just have to wait for that too! Thanks for caring and checking in! Much love!
Sarah

No comments: