Sunday, June 15, 2008

New Friends and Happy Dads

Happy Father's Day! I wanted to do some special things for Jason this year - so we bought t-shirts from Michael's and wrote things like "My Dad Rocks!" and "My Dad is the Best!" and "I Love My Dad!" so the kids could wear them to church this morning and surprise Jason. They made him little cards and we made up a song to sing to him (but I'm the only one who really ended up singing the song). We wanted to make him breakfast in bed, but we're out of eggs, flour, and jelly. So - we made him toast - but he was already out of bed. When Aurelia woke up she was so bummed that he was already up. She asked me "did we already make him breakfast?" because she thought she had slept in "so late." It was only 7:15!


Other news this week - some doggie friends from the neighborhood came to visit. Our front door was open to let in the cool air while we ate lunch and two goofy dogs came sniffing around so the kids ate outside and visited for a while. Ezra really liked the black and white dog. The next day they wanted to leave the door open again for the dogs, but the dogs didn't come back - so sad.


I got some great grins from Oliver He's such a sweet little heifer. He's in the 90th percentile for height at 24 1/2 inches and in the 95th percentile for weight at 15.5 official pounds. Yowza! He's sleeping better through the night for me at almost 6-7 hours at a stretch between his nine o'clock meal and his early morning meal so if I could just get to bed early I'd be in good shape!


Mima took us to Chuck E Cheese's (it's so close!) for a "goodbye" party. She leaves Monday for Montana (*waaaahhh*) so we'll be without for a month. Ezra enjoyed his candy prize and Aurelia picked out a hook and some pirate treasure with her tickets. We've been watching Peter Pan lately and making a lot of treasure maps so these prizes worked out great for us.
We stayed cool by misting the trampoline and other than that - we're just trying to stay busy and happy -- you do the same!

No comments: