Sunday, June 29, 2008

The haze in my brain

oh, wait - it's not the haze in my brain -- it's the haze in the air!! With all these fires we have been stuck in the house most of the week -- I just don't think Oliver should be exposed to all the soot and grime . . so we've been working on Ezra's potty training -- sort of just taking it day by day, letting him get the feel for the way his body works . . . I won't give you the details but he really likes his "CARS underwears." We also moved him to his "big boy bed" in Reia's room and found out that he has a consistant wake time of 2AM which falls (nicely) right between my bed time (which is too late) and Oliver's early morning feeding of 4AM - so I'm feeling even more sleep deprived than normal (and my children are feeling it too . . .pray for them). Despite that (forced smile here) we have been productive this week. Aurelia's been working on sewing a blanket for her baby doll:


and has acutally gotten pretty good at sewing nice little stitches if I draw a line for her to follow. I take out all the crooked ones - just like "Ma" in the Little House on the Prairie books.I'vebeen working on a quilt too -- for Oliver -- from the fabric I had in my box. I just have to put the top and bottom together and edge it and he'll be all set.


My "victory garden" is starting to produce. My radishes are quite spicy!

Another good way to kill time indoors is to jump in the jumpy house -- my $.99 ebay find (plus shipping and handling).

Ezra's been using new words like "am" which is pretty exciting in the world of language. He said to me today "I am awake now" -- where as he used to say "I awake now" and some kids say "I is awake" . . .so that's kind of cool. It just makes him sound more grown upthough *sigh* . . .Oliver's been smiling a lot more this week -- he's at a nice hefty 17 pounds now -- WOW! and wearing his six month clothes already! (for those of us who are counting, he turns three months on Tuesday). Sadly -- the only photos I thought to take of him this last week or so have been when he's sleeping.He's pretty cute!!

So that's life around here. Over and out!

No comments: