Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hey, Arnold!

Thanks, L&T, for sharing your cabin with us! We had a great time up in Arnold last week, just Mima, me and the kids! We arrived late Wednesday night and spent the rest of the week exploring the area. First we went to Big Trees and wandered in,through, on,under over and around the fanstastic stumps and trees there (but boy was it chilly!! brrr!). Friday we spent the day in Murphys. It was a breath-takingly beatiful day for swinging, sitting by the river, and pic-nicing at the park, reading stories, eating ice-cream, and buying shoes! An odd thing happened: a sweet, leather-clad gentleman followed us into the shoe store and gave me $20 to "put in the kids' stockings." Very odd, but very sweet - Thanks, guy!
Saturday (After Ezra threw up in the car on the wind-ey way to -- I guess breakfast didn't sit too well in the warm car on that curvey road!) we spent some time at Columbia where we climbed rocks, dipped candles, visited the museum, took a wagon ride and were almost robbed! We ate lunch, had some leather keychains made, and panned for gold! The "gold" guy, John, gave Aurelia "lessons" and helped her find REAL gold. He was so sweet! He also gave both kids a nice piece of orange citrine to put in their vials, and a big piece of crystalline gold (iron pyrite) too! And when we thought we'd lost Ezra's blue egg rock, he gave us another one just in case. That really made our trip to Columbia extra special! Finally we drove home. It was good to see daddy again and share with him all our great memories -- and now we get to share them with you!

5 comments:

Michelle Widman said...

So one time we were at Knott's Berry Farm when I was about three years old, and a "train robber" came on our train ride, where I was on my grandpa's lap. He came over to my grandpa and said "Give me the gold or give me the kid." My grandpa said, "Take the kid." Being three, I didn't know it was a joke or fake and FREAKED out. They had to calm me down and explain that it was not real. Your near robbery reminded me of that "fun" memory!
It looks like it was a great trip!

Tiffany :) said...

Looks like so much fun!! Such great memories for them...and I have to say I died laughing at Michelle's story!

Sarah: said...

yeah - re: the robbery - the kids (aurelia and another little boy who isn't one of mine) had to be told that it wasn't real, but we didn't offer to give him them - so I guess that's good!

Gorton's said...

You always have such fun adventures! What a fun and awesome mommy! I love the pics of the kids with the trees! xoxo

Jackie said...

It looks like you had a great time! What wonderful memories :)
Hugs,
Jackie