Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas #3

In attempting to truly celebrate Christ on and at Christmas, we visit a man named Santa once a year at my dad's lodge and he gives the kids a gift. This solves a lot of problems for us and makes the kids happy : ) Plus - we get to watch a pretty fun magic show and spend some quality time with my dad and my poppa. Aurelia received a fun pizza balancing game that she and Ezra have adapted to make it easier (even I had trouble!!) It's been a lot of fun.
Ezra was given some paper and crayons (staples in our home, so a GREAT gift that will keep giving -- for a while at least).
Oliver, in a fun twist, decided not to exhibit his stranger anxiety and sat (curiously) on Santa's lap! We were so surprised and got quite a few pictures, but I liked this one where he was looking at a smiling Santa (this guy was a real sweetie!)

I have to say (those of you who don't care can skip over this part) how proud I was of Aurelia this year. She sat so prettily with her head held high and she laughed in all the right parts and was fun to watch. She participated for a few minutes in the fun until she realized that the magician's silliness made the kids laugh (at her she thought!) and she opted out. I was proud that once she realized what she had given up (a part in the fun and a balloon animal!!) she didn't get mad or throw a fit - next year maybe she won't get embarrased and she'll be able to do those whole trick.

Anywho - we had a good time. Thanks for this fun annual treat, grandy! Love you!

2 comments:

Michelle Widman said...

An Oliver twist? How perfect!

Sarah: said...

lol! I love your humor, Michelle!!