Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Skillz

Oliver's been busy! This week he worked on his crawling skills and finally perfected them! He's now using opposite hands and knees to crawl along (that means he'll be a good reader, right, Beca?) and then, since we spent so much time praising his new skill, he figured he might as well wow us and show us how he can clap and say "yay!" too! He now claps for himself, saving me the trouble (just kidding! He's so cute that I gotta cheer too!) Isn't it amazing how it's still so cute even though he's the third one? I think so!

So - here he is crawling (good thing I just swept!)

And here he is clapping! YAY!

I guess the real trouble now is keeping things off the floor (he does like to try new foods!) and keeping a third eye out for where he's going (oh wait! I don't have one of those!! what will I do? Looks like it's time to send Aurelia to school!)

In other news: Aurelia is hard at work practicing her reading skills and is almost ready to read a book to you online, and we're working on long vowels and *gasp!* four-letter words (not THOSE kinds! sheesh!). Ezra has learned two fun new phrases 1. "You're being RUDE!" and 2. "Don't do that ever again!" The first he used when he didn't want to pick up his toys, and the second was after I had spanked him (yes, we do use corporal punishment in this house - take it up with the management if you don't like it) for getting out of bed (for the seventh time!!). I had a good laugh (but not in his presence) and, matter of fact, am laughing now. Good times; good times.

So - we're looking forward to a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with family we call friends, and hope that you are too! God bless and keep smiling!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

The 3rd one's the cutest (but don't tell the others).

We do corporal punishment too (but don't tell the liberals).

When you acquire the need for a 3rd eye, that's definitely the signal for school time.

So fun to "hear" your voice through your blogging. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Liz said...

You don't need the third eye silly! Just use the eyes in the back of your head. My kids are convinced that you grow a new set of eyes when you become a Mommy or a teacher. I'm not going to bother to convince them otherwise until they are grown & out of the house!

Jackie said...

Hi Sarah,

I also love how it is still so amazing to watch numbers 3 and in my case 4 learn new things :)

Gracie took her first steps yesterday! She even stopped to clap. I'll try to record her doing it again and post it on my blog :)

Have a great Thanksgiving!
see you on Tuesday.
Love,
Jackie
ps~ we also do corporal punishment around our house.