Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Point Is. . .

I just love photos. I don't care if they are of some great outing we had or nothing at all. I love photos. I love posting them. I love thinking about them, and looking at them, and writing about them. I especially love when they are of people I love. When I was a kid I used to hoard photos of my mom from when she was in her twenties. I was so love with my mom and photos of her. Now I take and hoard and scrap and linger over photos of my kids. Other family too, if they happen to be in the photos with my kids.
I can't believe that these little people who disturb my sleep and destroy my home (organizationally that is) can cause such feelings of overwhelming love and joy and anger and frustration all at the same time. Or that at the end of the day, in which they've been in my face and my space constantly, I would still want to look at photos of them. Maybe it's because in that captured moment I can keep them they way they are forever and I don't have to tell the photo image of them to obey, or be polite, or be kind, or to STOP THAT RIGHT NOW! Or maybe it's just because I love them so much that I want to keep the memories of their lives in my hands where I can relive them over an over -- or maybe it's none of that or all of it. Whatever. Here are some of the photos from this week in the lives of the Ward household. Enjoy.

Oliver's sitting up (mostly) by himself now.Ezra's got to have his dog and his blankies with him more often (but he's been sick!) and he can't pedal these trikes (he's still too small) but he sure is having a good time!Aurelia still loves her "goo-goo gaa-gaa" doll, aka "arnold", aka "stella" even though Stella has lost her hair and one leg. See - here they are "twins" becaue they both have hats on and their eyes are the same color. If you're wondering, yes, sometimes if I'm not paying a lot of attention, Stella will shock and surprise me because she's so life-like. If you think she's ugly, well, get over it. Aurelia loves her and doesn't care that you think the doll is freaky.Well, matter of fact, if you tell her that, you might hurt her feelings, so just don't ("beware of wowsing a rizards wath!" (very inside joke) but I'm serious.) =D

Anywho -

Check in tomorrow - there might be a post about my mom's plein air painting show. Signing out. Sarah

No comments: