Sunday, May 11, 2008

Shades of Bile

Happy Mother's Day! That's what I told myself, tongue in cheek, this morning at 12:12AM when Aurelia was vomiting again for the, what, eighth time, since 10PM. Poor thing. For both of us. This was my third night of vomit. Ezra started it at 3AM on Thursday morning. With the vomit, poop, and Oliver's feedings I think I haven't gotten much sleep, but I'm too tired to keep track.

However, I am a happy mom. I think of all the ladies out there who can't have kids and I realize how blessed I am to be a mom. Thank you, God, for choosing me (to have vomit and poop and milk all over me and my house.) I feel extra blessed because Aurelia vomited all over Jason instead of me and that was a first. I got to clean it all up, of course, but at least I didn't have to wear it (that time.) I did get some precious photos, however, of Ezra and Oliver sleeping together. I mean, one plus of having sick kids is that they are super snuggly and somewhat lethargic. We watched maybe six full-length movies yesterday alone -- poor Ezra just didn't have the energy to do anything so we just layed around. Aurelia went swimming with some friends (and probably passed her illness on to them) so I had less to do yesterday. . . Anywho. Some really good things happened this week too!

Saturday my sister-in-law, Carrie, and my friend, Rebecca, threw me and Oliver a "welcome home"/diaper party. Some good friends came and blessed us with diapers and we ate and visited and everyone there got to hold Oliver. He did really well with it too.
(Rebecca made this totally awesome diaper cake!)

Tuesday we went to MOPs and since I had no idea that my children were being infected, I enjoyed being with my mom friends very much. Ignorance truly is bliss sometimes.


My daddy called just to say that he loves me on Friday -- that was a very good thing.


Here are some cute photos of the kids. Enjoy, feel free to comment and have bile free week!
(Cutie Pie hairdo)
(a little skinnier since the illness, but still sweet as sugar!)
(daddy and daughter time)

1 comment:

Tiffany :) said...

Oh Sarah! You poor thing! I can't imagine having 2 kids sick and a newborn! I'm praying you have a healthy week ahead of you-you deserve it!