Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mud, Flies and Disguises

We moved rock from our dead flower bed and plowed up the dirt so we could plant zuchinni, radishes, lettuce, tomatoes and snapdragons. Aurelia and Ezra played in the mud and got "messy!" They had a great time getting clean again too!
Aurelia found a new "friend." She named him Fred and actually carried him around for over four hours. She dropped him a few times, but found him again quickly and she kept telling me what an "unusual" girl she was to be hanging out with a fly because "girls don't usually do that." Well, flies don't usually hang around with little girls either, but I guess poor Fred was dying and just wanted some company. Eventually she dropped him and didn't look for him again. When I asked about him she found him and he was dead. Poor Fred. My ever-sympathetic girl *snort* just put him outside. No tears and no kisses. (Thankfully!)
But who's this? The same mustachioed man or three different men?? Jason took us to Chuck E. Cheese's to play because he has been working so much and decided that he needed to spend some fun time with the kids. We DID have fun and this "disguise" is what Aurelia chose to get with her tickets. I really had to beg Ezra to let me hold the glasses to his face for the photo. He really didn't want to wear them. Oliver had no choice, and Aurelia looks like my dad with glasses and a cigarette. Funny.

My little princess asked me to take some photos that she posed herself for. I have more. . .she just turned on the ham and started baking. Of course, I think she's the prettiest little girl in the whole wide world . . . unbiased mother that I am.

And now presenting some true cuteness. . .Oliver's cooing. Enjoy.

In other news, Jason bought a trailer this week so he could just get up and go to work instead of driving all over creation just to find one that he could borrow for each day - so that's good, and we're looking forward to seeing family tomorrow and BBQing, and the FAIR on Thursday - free from 12-3!! We're going to buy some honey and see the cows! Havea good one!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Bummer I was hoping the fair would be in July not June. :(