Friday, February 20, 2009

The Sounds of Silence

So - It's been a while since I've been able to blog. We've been sick (again!) I think we're going on one major sickness per month this winter - which means that not only have the kids been ill, but so have I. Guess who takes longer to recover . . . ok. Don't.

Also, Jason had the opportunity to go away last weekend (Friday to Monday) with some men from the church. They went to Tijuana/Rosarita, MX to build a two bedroom house (with a loft!) with Casitas for Christ. It even had electricity! They worked HARD (and Jason's back is still feeling it!)

So - four long days for momma, and guess what? I didn't do a thing! It was great! I even got two novels read. But now it's back to life and it took a while for the house to recover from a weekend of doing nothing.

We've had some fun developments with the sleeping arrangements, which means that I don't get to play on my PC at naptime so much, so you don't get photos (again!) . . . ohwell, I don't think I've taken any great photos to post anywho.

We did get to go to the Stockton Children's Museum - THAT was a lot of fun! They had a real Fire Engine, Police Car, Ambulance, Bus, Motorcycle and Tractor for the kids to play on -- among other neat hands-on things to do! I suggest you try it some rainy day - the drive wasn't bad at all.

What else? not much - but if something comes up - I'll let you know!
Sarah

1 comment:

Gorton's said...

Im so sorry that you guys all got sick. What a bummer. What a good husband you have! That is really awesome that they could build that so quick. Give him a big pat on the back, well maybe just a soft gentle one so it won't hurt him worse.
The once a month sick thing sounds about right for my kids at least with colds. Thankfully not for me. All three of my girls woke up sick with coughs and runny noses the Sunday we were in California. That was not too fun. They were pretty whiney the rest of the trip and the week to follow.