Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sick and Tired

I can't post any photos, still. My PC is acting up. I guess it's time to get a new one . . . so I'm going to post a little acronym that I came up with the other night while I was praying and thinking about things and it is this:

F.A.C.T.

This acronym has to do with forgiveness - something that is almost always on my mind. For some reason I really deal with anger and have to do a lot of forgiving. Often it's the same people over and over again. Sometimes I'm surprised when I realize that I'm angry at someone (as I did when this acronym came to me.) So far, it's been helpful, so I hope it helps you too.

F = Forgive the person or people who have wronged you (this is a choice, not a feeling)
A = Accept that they may not be aware of how they've hurt you, and that they probably won't change. Accept them for who they are, faults and all.
C = Change the way that you act, react, and interact with this person. Be the bigger gal, so to speak, and make the decision that their behavior won't affect your behavior toward them. Act in love.
T= Thank God for helping you to forgive and move on in love. Thank Him for forgiving you. Thank Him for loving you. Thank Him for freeing you. Thank God - period.

This has helped me because there are some people in my life who just keep hurting me because I have wanted to expect more from them than they are really even capable of giving. But, I can give more. I can love more. I can find my worth and fulfillment in my relationship with Christ and through Christ and hopefully - in time - so will they.

Anywho. If you're looking for pictures of the kids, then pray for my computer to work or buy me a new one ;)

1 comment:

Gorton's said...

I love it! Thank you. That just encouraged me so greatly! Just what I needed to hear today. I love you!