Sunday, February 10, 2008

Saw the baby





I had my appointment this week and actually got to see MY doctor and the baby. The technician said that he's growing well and that there's plenty of fluid around the baby. We got to see the heart beating strongly and his arms and legs moving wildly (although, you could just look at my stomach and see that). The doctor told me that the baby's in the 75% percentile for size and that if he keeps growing at this rate he should be between 7.5 and 8 lbs at birth (which is right where the other two were, so that makes me happy). I'm finally "starting to look pregnant" apparently, because that is what multiple people told me today at church -- so my question is, do I normally look pretty large or what?? because I KNOW I definitely have looked pregnant for some time now --or -- well, whatever. Don't answer that.

Aurelia and Ezra finally ended up with a cold after two lovely months of wellness, but Aurelia seems to be doing better already. Ezra's snotty and has a cough. His little cheeks are all chapped from wiping the snot on them, but aside from some whining he's pretty happy. The weather has warmed up to a very comfortable 55 plus degrees and we've been able to get out of the house and ride bikes and go for walks. This has really made a difference in our attitudes -- I love the sun and so do the kids. The other day they wanted to be outside so bad, ALL DAY, that I finally just bundled them up at five o'clock at night and they sat at the patio table and colored while I barbecued. Which was a first for me --barbecuing on coals, that is -- I've only ever barbecued on a gas barbecue before, but I actually got the coals going and cooked right on the open flame (so to speak) and the meat turned out all right too! Whoopee!
Aurelia's excitement (last week, but I wanted to include it this week) was finding some Clifford pj's in the box of clothes from cousin Eli, and coloring her face and hands with markers to make herself look like a dog while I visited with our neighbors. Also, the kids are getting prepared for the baby's arrival by playing with their babies. So, those are the photos I've included in this week's blog. Also, I got my hair cut -- but I don't have a photo of that. Hope you all have a great week! Sarah

No comments: